Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stuffed Poblano Peppers

This was awesome, quick, and easy. In the morning, my paleo hubby put a few chicken breasts in the crock pot on low and we let them cook all day. He put in some spices and chicken broth but I honestly think you could just add water and they'd be good. You just want tender shredded chicken. That evening, I cut up half an onion, an orange bell pepper, and mushrooms and added them to a hot skillet with garlic and coconut oil. I also seasoned them with chile ancho powder. In a separate skillet, I cooked two slices of center cut, nitrate free bacon. While those were cooking on the stove, I shredded the chicken. I took two poblano peppers, cut them in half (length wise), removed all seeds, and began stuffing them with my veggies, chicken, and bacon mixture. Then I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. When they came out, I topped them with scallions and cilantro. I served it with homemade guacamole, salsa, and a spinach salad. This was quick, easy, and yummy. We will be doing this again soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment