Friday, September 23, 2011

Cupcakes for Brooke

Brooke... Brooke... Brooke.. She was craving peanut butter pie. Not a homemade recipe from a cherished family member but store bought, nasty, sugar packed, coma inducing peanut butter pie. Before she indulged, she posted on FaceBook to ask her friends if she should have it or not. As you can imagine, I jumped on it and told her "No". Brooke is in the box every day working hard and the last thing she needs is to feel awful and derail her training with nasty pie. In a last minute effort to steer her towards the good light of Paleo, I told her that if she stayed away from the pie, I'd make her a kick ass Paleo treat and that she wouldn't regret giving up the pie. I went right for the big guns... chocolate.






This is an Elana's Pantry recipe for her chocolate cake. I did substitute honey for the agave. Since I was taking it to the box, I decided to make cupcakes instead... just easier that way. And guess what? 100% Paleo, yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment