Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sea of bacon, sausage, veggies egg muffins



I kinda made this up as I went but here's what was in these.

12 eggs
7 slices bacon (cooked in skillet prior to adding to egg mixture)
8 oz hot sausage (cooked! half of a 16 oz standard package of sausage)
green onions as desired
salt and pepper as desired

On stove top, cook all meat. I browned the sausage and cooked the bacon in a skillet prior to adding them to the raw egg mixture. Whisk eggs together in large bowl, add in sausage, bacon (I used kitchen scissors to cut up the bacon.), and green onions. I used a salt and pepper grinder to add some flavor... 1 turn of the grinder per egg (so 12 turns total, not sure how much salt and pepper that equates to?). 

Once all mixed, I lined a muffin tin with muffin wrappers and used an 1/4 cup measuring cut to pour the mixture into each muffin tin. This made slightly more than a dozen muffins (~16? I can't remember.). Place in oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Use a toothpick in the center to make sure they're fully cooked. The muffins will poof up and look HUGE. When you take them out and they cool, they will deflate. Once they cooled, I removed from muffin tin and placed them on a paper towel. The remaining grease from the sausage and bacon, slightly puddled in the bottom of each tin. Letting them sit (or even cool) on a paper towel removed some of the grease. 

When I make these again, I will add more vegetables. Maybe zucchini, spinach (chopped in the food processor), onions, bell peppers, etc. 

2 comments:

  1. These were so good! Can I get the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked them! I just added the recipe I used above.

    ReplyDelete