Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crack o' Dawn

Calm before the storm.
I get up early. Usually I'm up around 3:30am. I'm not sure why or if it is "good for me" but I wake up early. In my defense, I work east coast hours (I live on the west coast). During the week, I also coach the 5am class two days per week. Since cutting the junk from my diet (going Paleo), I wake up READY TO ROLL. I feel good, my brain is functioning, my body is rested, and it is go time.

This morning was a little different... I woke up even earlier. It might be because I just got back from a trip to the east coast so my body just thinks it is on eastern standard time? Not sure? I love it though. My house is so quiet. I was able to  work for a few hours before going into the box. I rocked my work. I mean, I killed it this morning. So productive.

Then I drove to the box to coach my 5am class. I LOVE being the first one there. I unlock the door. I turn on the lights. I set the stage for what is about to go down there all day long. It is quiet. It is peaceful. It is perfect. It is full of possibilities. It just screams, "Come and get it."

Within 15 minutes, people start trickling in the door... some half asleep. It is funny because we all know that  half asleep feeling won't last for long. And shortly after, there is "3-2-1-GO!" and all the quiet is gone. The peace is filled with sounds of effort. Work is being done. People are pushing themselves, some are succeeding and some are pushing themselves to failure. When the storm is over, all are stronger, all are braver, all are better for waking up so early. Anything their day throws at them is nothing compared to what they've already done. So bring it "today". You got nothing on me. I own you. Today is MY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment