Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Being Kind

This has absolutely nothing to do with food... if you continue to read, you've been warned.

Yesterday I had the privilege of  being reminded to always be kind to others. This came from a conversation I had with my CrossFit buddy, Ty (one strong mofo). Ty is amazing and I have a ton of respect for this man but that's a separate blog post...

Today, one of my BFF's, Michelle, had a similar experience which she has summarized below. This is one of the many reasons that I love her and am so happy to call her a friend.

"This morning as I was about to go in to my local coffee shop, a gal whizzes past me through the door - completely cutting me off in the process and bumping into my shoulder. She files in line in front of me. At this point, my brain is working about 10 different plans to lay it into her about her rudeness. As she approached the cashier, I instead tapped her on the shoulder and said, "someone did a really nice thing for me the other day and I'd like to return the favor by buying you your cup of coffee." Completely stunned and a little embarrassed, she accepted my offer. After talking for a little bit, I found out she had a really rotten morning and she was late for the ferry on top of it all. She turned out to be a really nice gal who was just having an exceptionally bad start to her day. Lesson: Always take the high road. #GoodKarma"

No comments:

Post a Comment