Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spaghetti Squash

Tonight I had my first tango with a spaghetti squash. For some reason, I was worried about it. How long will it take to cook? Is there really just a bunch of noodles inside? Will I over cook it? Will the texture be okay? Basically I worried for nothing. It was super easy and tasted great.

I took my squash, cut it in half, and placed it open side down in a Pyrex baking dish. I then filled the dish half way up with water and put it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. Once I pulled it out, I put the squash aside in bowl while I dumped any excess water out of my Pyrex dish. Placing one half of the squash back into the Pyrex dish, I began scraping out the squash with a fork. It came out much easier than expected.


While the squash was cooking, I had also sauteed some onions and spices/herbs (oregano, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, etc) in a pan. I added a ton of shredded spinach to it and diced tomatoes (you could use sauce from a jar too if you can find one without sugar). I poured the sauce and spinach over the squash and added a chicken breast to complete the meal. Super easy and quick meal! Of course you could use sausage or another meat of your choosing instead of chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment