Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I think yesterday was the best day of my life. What's the best mother's day present ever? Having your daughter ask if she can join you on your usual Sunday morning run! I couldn't believe it! I was so proud of her and it was the happiest three miles that I have ever run.

Mother/Daugher 3 miler
After our run, it was home for some grub. Does it get any better than eggs, steak and bacon on your special day? 

Mother's Day breakfast. Da bomb!

My family went to church too on Mother's Day. I love celebrating Mother's Day at church. They celebrate all women, regardless of whether or not you're a mom. All women in some way have been loving, nurturing, individuals and they all have a mom - so we celebrate it! Of course I was missing my mom a little (my folks live 3,000 miles away) and couldn't help but think of my grandmothers who have both passed away. It was an awesome moment to remember them and all the other mother like figures in my life. During the children's moment, the preacher asked the kids if they did anything special for their moms that morning? Most of the kids answered "I fixed her breakfast in bed!" (which is great I suppose but it is funny how different people are... if my kids brought me runny eggs, steak, and asparagus for me to eat in bed, I'd flip out).  :)  I shed a tear of pride and joy when my daughter replied, "I got up and ran 3 miles around the island with my mom." The entire congregation applauded. SO.PROUD.OF.HER.

After church, we all piled in the truck and headed for the beach! We decided to drive a bit to a nice sandy beach and it was the perfect beach day. The next few hours were spent playing ball with the kids, doing handstands in the sand, and relaxing in a beach chair.

Mother's Day = Beach Day
When we got home, my awesome paleo hubby fired up the grill and cooked me some chicken wings and broccoli for dinner. I love that man.  I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment