Saturday, May 19, 2012

Clean Eating and Running Errands

Burger and broccoli! Score!

Man.... I'm tired! Today was spent driving an hour one way to Tacoma to run some errands with my Paleo-Hubby and kids in tow. Of course it took longer than expected and then - BAM - it was time for lunch. I was HUNGRY. Most of the time when my kids pick the restaurant, I cringe a little... there are only so many bad salads that I'm willing to pay for and consume. Today they picked Red Robin. When I looked at the menu, I was so pleasantly surprised to see that all of their burgers can be made in a lettuce wrap instead of a wheat bun! SCORE!!! If you're so inclined (Paleo-Hubby was...), for a small fee, they'll upgrade your regular fries to sweet potato fries! Of course, they're fried and probably in some sort of corn oil or something but it is nice to have options! I ended up with a lettuce wrap burger with bacon, sauteed onions, tomato, and mushrooms... even got a side of broccoli (and my daughter chose broccoli as her side too!!! Parenting win right there!). Yum and I will be visiting Red Robin again! Very paleo, yo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment